Download Latest Version for Windows
Google Chrome for Windows and Mac is a free web browser developed by internet giant Google. Chrome is designed to offer its users a fast and easy browsing experience, reason why its user interface is rather clean. Google has put efforts into making its browser a safe one with great settings, information and cookies management built-in tools.
What are the main reasons for installing Google Chrome?
A computer can have several browsers at the same time. This means that you don't have to delete Explorer when you install Google Chrome on a computer. In fact, advanced users use different browsers for different reasons.
Google Chrome is the best choice for Internet users who have a Windows-based computer and who meet one of the following criteria:
- A slow internet connection.
- They need an updated browser.
- They are not technology experts.
Google Chrome is one of the fastest browsers, if not the fastest, on the market. There are several reasons for this:
- The simplicity of its interface, with little more than the bare minimum, makes it consume very little RAM memory.
- Even if extensions and plug-ins have been installed, they do not load when the page loads, so the user does not need to wait.
- It has a DNS pre-fetching function that improves the loading speed of the various web pages. It relies on Google's servers to achieve this.
Google Chrome doesn't rely on the user for updates, it just updates itself. Whenever Google releases a new update, which it does quite often, it installs the corresponding files. As a result, many users do not know which version of Chrome they have installed. To find out, just click on the key icon which is located in the upper right-hand corner.
The updates always incorporate an updated version of the malware and phishing databases, so users will see an alert every time they go to a listed website. Security and privacyis one of the key features of this browser.
Customisable home page
Users can customise the homepage that Google Chrome displays when a user opens the browser. There are two options:
- Thumbnails of the most visited sites that work like shortcuts and can be changed according to your own preferences.
- Icons of the installed applications.
There is a yellow star placed in the top right corner, next to the key, that allows users to save the web pages they visit. They can be stored in the bookmark bar or in a structure designed by the user, hierarchical or otherwise. The bookmark bar can be kept visible or hidden.
Google Chrome Extensions
One of the biggest advantages of Google Chrome for Windows is the variety of extensions it offers. These extensions are applications that the user decides whether to install in the browser. The decision is personal and depends on the needs or interests of each user. Google Chrome installs three of them by default: the Google search engine, Gmail and YouTube.
There are extensions of all kinds, from games to social networking tools and utilities. Even though most of them are free, others are paid or have paid versions. Here is a link to popular add-ons that we suggest.
It is important to install only extensions that are necessary, so as not to affect the performance of the browser.
Google Chrome and its relationship with Google
Chrome is called Google Chrome for a reason. It's Google's browser and it's designed to be optimised for searches. The search engine is one of the three extensions that appear in the default start window and to perform a search users just have to write their search terms in it and press enter.
Data Synchronisation and Google Services
Google offers all kinds of services. From email via Gmail to Google Maps and the YouTube social network. If you use any of them, the browser allows you to synchronise them all to log in at the same time.
This synchronisation saves your bookmarks, extensions, preferences and themes in the cloud. This means that they will be available on any device when you sign in to Google Chrome.
Incognito navigation in Google Chrome.
Like other browsers, Google Chrome allows browsing without tracking. In this browsing mode, the programme does not track or save the data from the pages visited.
Avoiding tracking means that no cookies are saved, for example, so that users receive less advertising. The option is disabled by default. To activate it, go to the configuration menu (key):
- Display the advanced options
- Check 'send a 'Do not track' request with your browsing traffic.
Different profiles in Google Chrome
One of the reasons for Google Chrome's popularity is how easy it is to create multiple profiles.
Profiles are, to put it simply, different compartments of the browser where users can store their bookmarks and search history, etc. It's a good idea to have several profiles if you share your computer. It means each user can have their own profile and access to their own data.
Creating multiple profiles in Google Chrome can be useful even when there is only one user. It allows you to manage different accounts in social networks and keep professional activity on the web separate from personal activities, etc.
Installing Google Chrome carries some advantages that, by far, outweigh its downsides. Chrome is your browser if you are looking for a fast, safe and easy-to-use web browser. With its extensions, you incorporate features to it, as if they were modules in a very easy way.
You might also want to consider other free browsers such as Avast Secure Browser, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, or another wide range of available free browser for Windows.
- Google Chrome 105.0.5195.102 for Windows
- Windows 7,
- Windows 10,
- Windows 8.1,
- Windows 8
- Available languages:
- Latest update:
- Tuesday, September 6th 2022
Google Chrome for PC
Download Latest Version for Free
We don't have any change log information yet for version 105.0.5195.102 of Google Chrome. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any changelog info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to ourContact pageand let us know.
- iTop VPN Browser
- SalamWeb Browser
- Mozilla Firefox Beta
- UR Browser
- Google Chrome for Work 64-bitEvery Google Chrome browser has the same user features. For enterprise administrators, Google Chrome for Work provides support for group policy and centralized configurations, a specialized .msi i
- Google Chrome for Work 32-bitEvery Google Chrome browser has the same user features. For enterprise administrators, Google Chrome for Work provides support for group policy and centralized configurations, a specialized .msi insta
- Google Chrome DevGoogle Chrome Beta is a new stable release of Google's browser. This latest version of Google Chrome incorporates many improvements to make your browsing experience more enjoyable. If you don't want t
- Google Chrome CanaryGoogle Chrome Canary is a free program offered by Google. Google Chrome Canary is mainly an untested alpha version of the new Google Chrome browser, which early adopters and developers, to experiment
- Google Translate for ChromeThe Google Translate extension will allow you to view numerous languages easily as you browse the web. Simply highlight or right-click on a portion of text and then click on Translate icon next to it
- Google Chrome FrameGoogle today released a plug-in to Internet Explorer called Google Chrome Frame. The announcement was made on the Google blog: says Google: "needs are writing code, testers are seeing it in the wild,
- Google Chrome BackupGoogle Chrome backup is a lightweight tool to create, backup, restore and manage Google Chrome profiles. A Google Chrome profile holds personal data such as web history and bookmarks. With Google
- Mozilla Firefox 64-bit for PC WindowsMozilla Firefox is an open-source browser, which launched in 2004. Its simple and easy to use, with an excellent UI and in-built features. It is a popular browser with developers and has an active com
- Opera BrowserOpera is a free popular internet browser based on the Chromium engine. Like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Brave, it comes with a clean interface and a range of useful features. The latest versio
Get Chrome for Windows
For Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32-bit. For Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 64-bit.
- Download the installation file.
- If prompted, click Run or Save. If you choose Save, to start installation, either: ...
- If you're asked, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device," click Yes.
- Start Chrome: Windows 7: A Chrome window opens once everything is done.
You can downgrade to the previous stable version of Chrome.Is there a Chrome Lite version for PC? ›
Chrome's Lite mode is no longer supported - Google Chrome Help.How do I install Chrome 64-bit? ›
Tips and tricks How to upgrade Google chrome to the 64 ... - YouTubeHow do I know if Chrome is 32 or 64-bit? ›
Check the version information. If it is a 64-bit Chrome version, it will have (64-bit) after the version number; otherwise it is a 32-bit version of Chrome.Is Google Chrome OS available for download? ›
Google Chrome OS is not a conventional operating system that you can download or buy on a disc and install. As a consumer, the way you will get Google Chrome OS is by buying a Chromebook that has Google Chrome OS installed by the OEM.How do I download Google Chrome manually? ›
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to Google Chrome.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
- To start browsing, go to the Home or All Apps page. Tap the Chrome app .
How to install google chrome without a browser or the internet - YouTubeHow do I install an older version of Chrome on Windows? ›
- Uninstall Chrome.
- Delete Chrome Data.
- Download the Older Chrome Version.
- Disable Chrome Auto-Updates.
- Bottom Line: Chrome Downgrade Version.
- FAQs: Downgrade and Install Older Version of Chrome.
If you need a rollback of Google Chrome, check out the app's version history on Uptodown. It includes all the file versions available to download off Uptodown for that app. Download rollbacks of Google Chrome for Windows.Which is latest Chrome version? ›
|Chrome on macOS||106.0.5249.119||2022-10-12|
|Chrome on Linux||106.0.5249.119||2022-10-12|
|Chrome on Android||106.0.5249.126||2022-10-14|
|Chrome on iOS||106.0.5249.92||2022-10-04|
- Launch Chrome for Android App.
- Tap on. the menu icon for Options.
- Select the Settings menu from the list.
- Scroll down the option Lite mode under the Settings menu.
- Tap on the Lite mode tab, and toggle the button to enable data saving.
- Midori Windows Browser. Highlight Features: ...
- UR Browser. Highlight Features: ...
- Microsoft Edge. Highlight Features: ...
- Slim Browser. Image Source: Slim Browser. ...
- Opera. Image Source: Opera. ...
- Comodo IceDragon. Image Source: Comodo. ...
- SeaMonkey. Image Source: Sea Monkey. ...
Opera – Best all-around browser
The Opera browser isn't new to having data-saving elements built into it. Opera and Opera Mini were among the first to integrate data compression features into the mobile browser.
How to Switch to the 64-bit Version. Switching is easy. Visit the Chrome for Windows download page to get it. After clicking the download link, ensure the page says “64-bit” under “Download Chrome for Windows.” Whenever you download Chrome in the future, be sure it says 64-bit here.What is the latest version of Chrome browser for Windows 10? ›
To upgrade, head to the Chrome download page, download the 64-bit version for Windows, and install it. You won't lose any of your Chrome settings when you upgrade.How do I install Chrome 32-bit? ›
Download Chrome 32-bit
If you want to download Google Chrome 32-bit, visit Chrome's official website. There, click or tap the Download Chrome button. In the prompt that appears, you can see details about what you are going to download.
Chrome no longer supports 32 Bit operating systems - this is True not only for Windows, but also for OSX and Linux. The last Chrome Version for 32 Bit Windows is no longer safe to run.
32 Bit Software
Browsers, like all software these days, for the most part come in one flavor – 32 bit. (This is changing, though.) That means no matter how much RAM you have installed, the software can't take advantage of it. A 32-bit program is limited to 4GB of RAM.
As an admin, you can install ChromeOS Flex on Windows, Mac, or Linux devices so your users can get many of the features that are available on ChromeOS devices.Can I install Chromebook on Windows 10? ›
Google's Chrome OS isn't available to install on a laptop or desktop like Windows or Linux, but the next best thing is Neverware's CloudReady OS.Where can I download Chromium OS? ›
Download and install CloudReady from https://www.neverware.com/freedownload/. CloudReady is the easiest method to install Chromium OS on your computer, and the links to download are under step 2. You'll need to download the correct version for the OS you're currently using.How do I install Google Chrome on Windows? ›
- Visit google.com/chrome/.
- Once there, click on the blue box that says Download Chrome.
- Find the .exe file you just downloaded and open it. ...
- Wait for Chrome to download and install.
- In the Chrome Web Store, go to the page for the extension you want.
- In the address bar, copy the extension's URL.
- Paste the URL into the text box and select Download extension.
- If prompted, select Keep when Chrome attempts to download the CRX file.
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Find and select the extension you want.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Some extensions will let you know if they need certain permissions or data. To approve, click Add extension. Important: Make sure you only approve extensions that you trust.
- Open Chrome. . ...
- Go to Gmail offline settings.
- Check "Enable offline mail."
- Choose your settings, such as how many days of messages you want to sync.
- Select Save changes.
- To use Gmail when you're not connected to the Internet, go to mail.google.com.
Open Internet Explorer or another installed browser and visit google.com/chrome . Highlight "Download" at the top of the page and select "For personal computer." This will take you to the Chrome download page. Click "Download Chrome" to download the Chrome installer.How do I download without browser? ›
- FTP. Perhaps the most obvious way to grab files is using FTP. ...
- wget. wget is a native function in Linux (and can be installed using third-party tools in Windows and macOS). ...
- PowerShell. Windows PowerShell can also be used to download files. ...
- BitTorrent. ...
- cURL. ...
- App Store. ...
- Package Manager. ...
If you need a rollback of Google Chrome, check out the app's version history on Uptodown. It includes all the file versions available to download off Uptodown for that app. Download rollbacks of Google Chrome for Android.How do I change Chrome version? ›
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Help. About Google Chrome.
- Click Update Google Chrome. Important: If you can't find this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
On the Powerwash screen, press “Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R” again, and this time, the “Powerwash and revert” option should appear. It will enable you to revert Chrome OS to an older version on your Chromebook.How do I downgrade Chrome from Windows? ›
Downgrading Chrome to Its Earlier Version
- Head to Filehippo.
- Navigate to the Google Chrome history page.
- Click on the version you intend to download.
- Install the app on your device.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Chrome on the App Store.
- Tap Get.
- Tap Install.
- Enter your Apple ID Password and tap OK.
- To start browsing, go to your home screen. Tap the Chrome app .
- On your Windows search bar, type Add or Remove Programs.
- Navigate to Add or Remove Programs. ...
- Type Chrome into the Search box in the Add or Remove Program screen.
- In the Add or Remove Programs, on Google Chrome, click on the Uninstall button.
Keeping Chrome up to date allows you to take advantage of the latest Chrome features and security updates to keep you productive, secure, and mobile.Why can't I update my Google Chrome? ›
Deleting an app's temporary files (or Cache files) will free up storage space on your device and resolve performance glitches. So if Chrome is not updating from the Play Store, clear the Play Store's cache files. Do the same for other system apps like the Android Download Manager and Google Play Services.How do I know if my Chrome is up to date? ›
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app. .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device.
- Under "Updates available," find Chrome. .
- Next to Chrome, tap Update.
In February 2022, Google announced in a support post that Chrome Lite mode—previously named Chrome Data Saver—would be removed in a future version of Chrome for Android. The feature had been designed with the intent to reduce bandwidth usage while browsing.
Chrome's Lite mode on Android helped people use less internet data and made web pages load faster, but it's being turned off. Lite mode on Chrome for Android, a feature that helped users save data and load web pages faster, is being turned off with the release of Chrome version 100.Where is the Lite mode located? ›
Lite mode is accessible from within Chrome's Settings page under the “Advanced” section. When it's turned on, Chrome uses Google servers to speed up page loading speed and save data. Pages that are heavy and slow to load are identified and sent through Google servers to “simplify” (read compress) them.Do any browsers still support Windows 7? ›
Google, Opera Software, and Mozilla have dropped Windows XP and Vista support for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox in their latest releases. Regarding Windows 7, the list of possible browsers is a bit more extensive, including the ability to run Opera and Firefox.
- K-Meleon. According to the developers, K-Meleon can run on as little as 20 MB of RAM. ...
- Falkon. Falkon is another lightweight web browser available on both Windows and Linux platforms. ...
- Pale Moon. ...
- Lunascape Orion. ...
- UR Browser. ...
- SeaMonkey. ...
- Slim Browser.
Opera is slower than Chrome and less resource-efficient. Is Opera Safer Than Chrome? Opera's safe browsing databases are less comprehensive than Chrome's Google Safe Browsing database. While Opera is still a safe browser, Chrome is more secure overall.What is the fastest browser for Windows 10? ›
Google Chrome is the fastest web browser you can get on a Windows machine. It surpassed the competition in three out of four tests, outranking even Microsoft's latest Edge browser—which is now based on Chromium—in all but one test.Which uses more data Firefox or Chrome? ›
Firefox needs no introduction, but if you are wondering whether it can help you save some data when browsing the data, yes, it uses less bandwidth than Chrome does. Firefox supports DNS over HTTPS, which helps keep internet service providers from selling your data.Will Chrome work on Windows 7? ›
Important: Chrome is extending support for Windows 7 through January 15, 2023 for critical security and stability updates. To use Chrome browser on Windows, you'll need: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later. An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that's SSE3 capable.What is the latest version of Google Chrome for Windows 7? ›
- Close other tabs, extensions, and apps. ...
- Restart Chrome. ...
- Restart your computer. ...
- Check for malware. ...
- Open the page in another browser. ...
- Fix network issues and report website problems. ...
- Fix problem apps (Windows computers only) ...
- Check to see if Chrome is already open.
Windows 7 can still be installed and activated after end of support; however, it will be more vulnerable to security risks and viruses due to the lack of security updates. After January 14, 2020, Microsoft strongly recommends that you use a newer version of Windows instead of Windows 7.Can I still use Windows 7 in 2022? ›
While you can continue to use Windows 7 after the end of support, the safest option is to upgrade to Windows 10 or Windows 11. If you are unable (or not willing) to do so, there are ways to continue using Windows 7 safely with no more updates. However, “safely” still isn't as safe as a supported operating system.What browser should I use with Windows 7? ›
Google Chrome is most users' favorite browser for Windows 7 and other platforms. For starters, Chrome is one of the fastest browsers even though it can hog system resources. It is a straightforward browser with a streamlined and intuitive UI design that supports all the latest HTML5 web technologies.Why is my Google Chrome not opening Windows 7? ›
Anti-Virus and Firewall Settings
Depending on these settings, you may not be able to open Google Chrome at all. Try turning off your firewall and anti-virus programs and restarting Google Chrome. If the browser works, create an exception in your settings to allow Google Chrome to run, then re-enable the programs.
- Google Chrome. 105.0.5195.102. 3.9. ...
- Google Chrome (64-bit) 105.0.5195.102. ...
- Google Play Chrome Extension. 3.1. ...
- Torch Browser. 126.96.36.1997. ...
- Google Chrome Beta. 107.0.5283.0. ...
- Google Play Books. varies-with-device. ...
- Google Chrome Dev. 57.0.2987.13. ...
- Cent Browser. 188.8.131.52.
Google Chrome (32-bit) Download (2022 Latest)Which is latest Chrome version? ›
|Chrome on macOS||106.0.5249.119||2022-10-12|
|Chrome on Linux||106.0.5249.119||2022-10-12|
|Chrome on Android||106.0.5249.126||2022-10-14|
|Chrome on iOS||106.0.5249.92||2022-10-04|
- Open Android Settings app/screen.
- Select Apps and Notifications followed by See All Apps option.
- Search and select Chrome app from the app listing page.
- Tap on the More. ...
- Tap on OK in the confirmation dialog box.
- Next, open the Google Play app and search for Chrome.
- Back up all of your important documents, apps, and data.
- Head over to Microsoft's Windows 10 download site.
- In the Create Windows 10 installation media section, select “Download tool now,” and run the app.
- When prompted, choose “Upgrade this PC now.”
- On your computer, close all Chrome windows and tabs.
- Click the Start menu. Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Under "Apps & features," find and click Google Chrome.
- Click Uninstall.
- Confirm by clicking Uninstall.
- To delete your profile information, like bookmarks and history, check "Also delete your browsing data."
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7 makes it very easy to connect to the web wirelessly. Since most computers come with built-in wireless now and hot spots are popping up all over, you want to be able to connect to the Internet wirelessly at a moment's notice.Is Windows 7 free now? ›
Windows has always been a paid product and Windows 7 is no exception, even now when Microsoft no longer sells the software. Up until recently it was possible to download the ISO (an installable digital copy) of Windows 7 from Microsoft for free, but you still needed the Product Key to activate the system.What can I do with my old Windows 7 laptop? ›
Should I throw away my old windows 7 laptop? How to make ... - YouTube